Feel the light. Let it guide you.
In a galaxy much closer than you could possibly imagine, Mark Hamill will team up with RWQuarantunes to benefit neighborhood students who are using the force within to prepare for college.
Emerging to Lead a New Generation of Students
Once in a millennia, a hero comes along who is willing to harness the strongest forces in the universe to achieve good. That hero recognizes that each new generation brings the opportunity for change, for growth, for achievement. Padawans must be trained in the old ways: reading, writing, arithmetic…quantum physics, socratic method, critical theory.
You can help our hero provide more resources for more students. Support the community and help more families access the promise of a college education. Register to attend the “May the 4th Be With You” fundraiser for an intergalactic evening unlike any you’ve ever experienced.
RWQuarantunes will be your hosts
Richard and Demi Weitz — founders of RWQuarantunes — will bring their special take on the online fundraiser to a Zoom screen near you, partnering with Mark Hamill to showcase special guests and musical performances that will provide a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for guests.
Mark Hamill will bring the Force
Harnessing his force for good, Mark brings a passion for NAI students and their educational endeavors to the event. He and his wife Marilou, a member of the NAI Board of Councilors, have been involved with the program for several years, and they make NAI events a lot of fun.
- Sponsors Support EventThe “May the 4th Be With You” event supporting the USC Neighborhood Academic Initiative, wouldn’t be possible without the generous contributions of our Presenting and Premiere Sponsors. Presenting sponsors include the global real estate investment company Kennedy Wilson, and NAI benefactors Bill and Leslie McMorrow. Each of their sponsor donations was matched by by the…
- “May the 4th Be With You” Fundraiser AnnouncedOn May 4, USC will host a virtual fundraiser to benefit the USC McMorrow Neighborhood Academic Initiative. This once-in-a-lifetime Zoom event will include performances by marquee entertainers, special guests, and visits from your favorite Star Wars celebrities, including Mark Hamill. Join RWQuarantunes founders, Richard Weitz and his daughter Demi, as they broadcast live from the…
The Force is Strong with These Students
Families in the NAI program have committed to seven years of additional classwork and training. Parents are given extra support and resources to help their students succeed. Many NAI graduates are the first in their family to attend college — a truly remarkable achievement for these padawans.
NAI Success Stories
- A cavalcade of Star Wars legends — including Luke Skywalker himself — delighted fans while recognizing the efforts of the university's signature college prep program.
- Five years ago, Christopher Chavez and his family committed to the university's Neighborhood Academic Initiative, a decision that transformed their future.
- As the pandemic began to threaten people's lives and their livelihoods, USC's Neighborhood Academic Initiative staff stepped in to help.
- The Neighborhood Academic Initiative realized early in the pandemic that innovative learning tools would be needed to educate its scholars, leading a new team of "tech innovators" to make lightboards a top priority.